A Latte Sweets is pretty sweet

courtesy of @alattesweets

Students preparing for last year’s A Latte Sweets opening.

Karina Ruano, Reporter

A Latte Sweets is more than delicious food on Friday mornings. When A Latte Sweets started they needed a business teacher so Robert Kuchenberg took the job. It gives the students a practical experience as of how a business functions.

A Latte Sweets gives students an idea as as to how to work in the real world and in the food industry,” Kuechenberg said.

First semester, students get to know how to open a business or how to be involved in the business industry if that’s what they want to do in the future. It also teaches the students how to hire the right people, how to be successful and how the whole operation is much more complicated. Students second semester will learn how to specialize on how to make things from scratch. Some of the baked goods that the students would get to make would be scones, bacon quiche, red velvet doughnuts, breakfast burrito and much more.

“Running the bakery would cause some problems.” senior Marisa Matt said. “The class consists of problem solvers.”

Most of the students prefer the cooking part instead of the business part even though the business part is sometimes interesting. Some students might think that the business part would be hard and challenging, but it’s always good to try out different things that they could possibly like doing in the future.

The good part of A Latte Sweets is that students will get to know more people and learn how to work with them. They will also learn how it’s like to run a business with someone who they could become friends with, if not already.

Students who join that class will get to learn how to make recipes that maybe they haven’t heard of or tried at all and they would want to have the recipes and make them at their house.

A Latte Sweets is a good way for students to get out of their comfort zones and go and try different things. A Latte Sweets is a unique thing to put on resumes for the students. A Latte Sweets can open doors for lots of students that would want to be in the pastry or food industry.

At A Latte Sweets, Matt said, “ It’s really fun but sometimes people can get easily distracted and get off task. When it comes to Friday’s, everyone needs to be on their A game.”

A Latte Sweets will open on Feb 10 or 17 of next semester so be on the lookout!