Follow PHS Cutlass

Subscribe for the latest stories!

* indicates required
Translate this article into the following languages
Meet our Staff!
Sonia Jezierski
Sonia Jezierski
Features Editor

Sonia Jezierski is a Senior at Palatine High School and this is her 2nd year being an editor for Cutlass. She is the president of Ecology Club, enjoys testing her scientific knowledge as a captain of Science...

The Eras Tour is saving the economy

Linds
Taylor Swift dazzles fans at Soldier Field as she sings All Too Well 10-minute version

“It’s been a long time coming…” the first words anxious fans hear as the three hour long production of Taylor Swift’s The Eras Tour begins. Spanning almost seventeen years worth of music from Swift’s very first album Taylor Swift, to her most recent, Midnights. 

The Eras Tour has certainly gained its well deserved hype all over social media such as Instagram and Tiktok. Through fans sharing their concert going outfit, to others live streaming the show on various platforms to viewers all around the world. It’s no surprise that Swift’s tour is the must-see show of the summer. 

Due to the wide popularity of the tour, it has actually helped many cities’ economies across the United States. 

According to president and CEO of Visit Cincy Julie Calvert, “The economic impact Swift creates is staggering, as fans travel from far and wide to attend her concerts, filling hotels, restaurants, and local attractions. Swift’s influence on tourism is a testament to her ability to captivate audiences and drive economic growth.”

Hotels, restaurants, and local businesses all experience the influx of money and tourism around them as Swift makes her stops around the US. According to CNN, It is predicted that Swift’s tour could gross $2.2 billion dollars in tickets sold in just North America alone. 

And it’s not just North America experiencing the economic benefits. 

“Reports have surfaced of world leaders vying for Taylor Swift to grace their countries with her presence, recognizing the potential economic benefits associated with her performances,” According to Financial Express. “ A national study by QuestionPro estimates that the Eras Tour could generate an astonishing $5 billion in economic impact by its conclusion,” 

The benefits of the Eras Tour are present for fans, businesses, cities, and countries. It’s a win-win situation for everyone.

In my experience going to The Eras Tour, I had the best time. Connecting with fellow swifties around me, screaming song lyrics next to each other, trading friendship bracelets, and making memories I seriously won’t forget. 

The Eras Tour is truly a force to be reckoned with, and certainly will go down in the books for me and swifties all around the world.