PHS student wins a new car!

Kristopher Ketelsen

Senior Nancy Cabrera wins a car through Operation Click.

Kristopher Ketelsen, Reporter

At the start of the year, over 200 Palatine High School students including senior Nancy Cabrera and junior Jacob Conrad signed a safety contract for Operation Click and Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD) in order to receive their parking permit. By signing the contract, students agree to follow safe driving habits such as no texting while driving in the hope of winning a car as an incentive.

Out of the students who successfully completed the terms of the contract, Nancy and Jacob were chosen at random to be candidates to win a 2014 Chevrolet Spark during the Operation Click awards ceremony. On April 4, Nancy chose the winning key out of 12 other students from various schools.

“I didn’t think I would win this car when I got ready this morning for school,” Cabrera recounted. “And now I still can’t believe it! I ACTUALLY won a CAR!”

In addition to Nancy, Emina Mesic also won a car through the same program in 2013. Palatine’s continuous success has helped create a lot of excitement around the annual banquet, so students should be sure to fill out a safety contract next year in order to have a chance to win a car.

Operation Click and SADD are student led clubs that promote safety with chapters at Palatine High School.

Any students interested in joining can attend their end of the year meeting on May 14  in Room 175. Please contact Toni Madl in Family & Consumer Sciences or through email: [email protected] with any questions.

Pizza will be served.