The force awakens a new generation of Star Wars lovers

Courtesy of Disney

Daisy Ridley as Rey is one of the bright new stars in the movie.

Haley Holz, Reporter

“It’s true, all of it….. The dark side, the Jedi, they’re real”

Star Wars: The Force Awakens which is now the seventh movie in the amazing Star Wars series and first movie of the latest trilogy, is phenomenal.

The movie which stars Daisy Ridley as Rey and John Boyega as Finn begins thirty years after Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.   Rey is an orphan and who sells scavenged ship parts to make ends meet. One day though, she meets a small droid named BB8, who provides her with a quest. Finn is a First Order storm trooper (which is the new Empire), who has second thoughts about his path after witnessing his fellow soldiers destroy a village.

The rest of the movie follows these two as they both meet some pretty awesome people and try to find Luke Skywalker, who has been in hiding because one of his students that he was training to become jedi turned to the dark side instead of the light. They also meet Ren who is pretty much the new Darth Vader who has now created a new Death Star that is a planet and that can destroy them. Many people from the earlier Star Wars movies make appearances in the movie such as Han Solo, played by Harrison Ford, Leia, played by Carrie Fisher, C-3PO, R2D2, and of course Chewbacca.

The Force Awakens also has fantastic fight scenes and it was great to see all of the old characters from the earlier movies. But the new characters are as magical as the old, familiar ones. BB8 was such an amazing droid like both R2D2 and C3PO.

The movie started off with the  famous summary crawl that starts all of the movies and the John Williams soundtrack for the movie brought back many of the old famous tones from the previous movies. All of the characters were amazing and all of the planets looked real. The monsters they encountered almost looked like they could come out of the screen and eat you alive. Even the Millennium Falcon looked real, like in all of the other movies.

Probably, the best part of the entire movie was the final fight scene and the rest of the movie. You will never guess who Rey meets in the end.

If you have sadly not seen the movie, you need to go see it because it will not disappoint.

“May the Force be with you”.