Fall trends for 2015

Kathryn Scullion, Reporter

Kylie Jenner sports dark red lipstick during her photo shoot in Los Angeles to promote her new app. Ashley Benson also wears a deep wine color lipstick for Paleyfest, a media event in New York. Elsewhere, in Palatine, Palatine high school freshman Emma Abate wears a black colored lipstick to homecoming 2015.

Gabrielle Cervantes, sophomore at Palatine high school posts a selfie of herself on Instagram wearing a deep wine shade lipstick.

“To me wearing dark lipsticks is like a year round thing but I think that for this fall there has been an incline in the use of it,” said Cervantes. “A lot of celebrities have been wearing it, many makeup artists post pictures of looks including dark lipsticks and even high school girls have begun to wear it, myself included.”

“I’m really into dark lipsticks now,” Palatine high school freshman Emma Abate said. “I wore the Kat Von studded kiss lipstick in matte pitch black to homecoming because it matched really well with my lace black dress.”

A lot of female celebrities like Rihanna, Chrissy Tegan and Sarah Hyland have been seen wearing such deep wine red lipsticks. Perhaps it is because halloween is in the fall but this trend has been brought up through the 21st century’s obsession with the 90’s. Girls were inspired by 90’s movies such as The Craft where the character Nancy Downs wears black, wine red and maroon lipsticks.

Twilight, the vampire book franchise, has also impacted the beauty market with the “goth” or “vampire” look. It has been a look to strive for in fact, the Givenchy Autumn-winter 2015 fashion show shows models sporting darkly lined eyes and blackberry lips.

“For makeup, I think polished skin, lots of highlighter, bold eyeliner and dark lips,” said Tina Kristin. To the same question Cervantes agreed, “Definitely. Dark matte lipsticks, a highlighted face (strobing) and sharp brows are a must for this season.”

Another trend for this season is the a-line suede skirt usually in camel color. Celebrities such as Alexa Chung, Rosie Huntington-Whitley and Lauren Conrad have been seen wearing this. The 70’s style is back with pieces such as this skirt like the beret, “pussy cat blouses” and long trench coats. The skirt gives off a retro feel and is perfect for autumn especially when it comes in colors like camel and rust.

Since the weather is getting colder it’s natural to trade in our sneakers and put on a pair of boots. For this autumn especially thigh high boots have been seen quite a lot lately. Recently celebrities like Shay Mitchell, Michelle Keegan and Karlie Kloss have been sporting them. Spandex thigh high boots were a key point in Dior’s fall 2015 fashion show. Dior designer Raf Simons inspiration for this collection was from David Bowie’s chameleon style.

If you take a look at the trends for this fall season, you can see most have to do with bringing back certain pieces or styles from the past and modernizing them. Although old styles being brought to 2015 and modernizing them is so innovative and really takes a step further for the beauty market. It shows not only are celebrities and Instagram bloggers are enjoying these trends, but also girls and women you may even know.