Choose to see The Choice

Courtesy of Lionsgatepublicity.com

Teresa Palmer and Benjamin Walker star in the latest Nicholas Sparks adaptation, The Choice.

Molly Kleinfeldt, Reporter

The Choice is a romance novel written by Nicholas Sparks that was converted into a major motion picture. Teresa Palmer portrays Gabby Holland, the beautiful medical student who moves to Beaufort. She resides next door from a small town veterinarian’s house–Travis Shaw(Ben Walker). Travis has an on-again-off-again girlfriend, named Monica. Meanwhile, Gabby is in a relationship with a doctor named Ryan. In one of the first scenes, Gabby starts off storming onto Travis’s property, very annoyed by his loud music while she is trying to concentrate on her studies. On top of that, she just found out her dog is pregnant, and she believes the root of the problem is Travis’s dog.

Gabby eventually loosens up and agrees to go on the lake behind their houses on Travis’s boat. Sparks start flying between them and their chemistry steadily becomes more noticeable. Just as it seems like Travis and Gabby will begin to fall in love, her boyfriend Ryan goes out of town. Do they end up falling for each other? Of course! It wouldn’t be a Nicholas Sparks movie if they didn’t. Travis and Gabby build a perfect fairytale life together, but the reality of Gabby’s boyfriend set in again when he came back into town.

Will Gabby continue to build a life with the boy she has instantly fallen for, or will she go back to her old habits and continue on with her boyfriend? Watch it and see what choices these characters will make!

The cinematography was outstanding in this movie.  There were beautiful beach scenes that were surreal. One of the scenes had just the right lighting that set the romantic mood. Bokeh effects were used at just the right moments too.

This film was a great pick for Valentine’s Day weekend, although it’s recommend to any girl ages 13 and up. The movie was filled with heartbreak, some tough decisions, faith, and love.