PHS holds opportunities

Back to Article
Back to Article

PHS holds opportunities

The first meeting of the year for the PHS Debate Club. Debate is one of over a hundred activities and sports that students can participate in.

Courtesy of @palatinehsdb8

Courtesy of @palatinehsdb8

Courtesy of @palatinehsdb8

Fidan Malikova, Features editor

Students stroll into the gym as activity representatives get ready to share common interests with the students. With hundreds of students in the gym each period, lines at each station were filling up.

During students’ gym and lunch periods on Aug. 17, an activity fair was held in the East gym during the first week of school with representative(s) of each activity. With over 100 activities and sports, students were able to talk to others that are involved with the activity that they were interested in.

It was amazing to see all the students connect with one another about their passions. Being able to meet other people who have the same interests as you do and discuss about it was marvelous!

PHS has something for everyone – from tennis to newspaper! And as Palatine encourages all students to join at least one sport or activity, this activity fair really helped encourage a great start to a whole new school year.