Girls volleyball is now in full swing

Natalia Golash

The volleyball team readies for practice in preparation of the 2016 season.

Haley Holz, Reporter

It’s that time of year again, volleyball season. All five of Palatine’s teams have been working hard for the past few weeks, and will be taking the court this Wednesday. All of the girls are pumped for this upcoming season and are ready to give it their all.

Everyone believes that this year’s varsity volleyball team will be amazing. Claire Chaplinsky, a senior outside hitter on the varsity volleyball team says, “I have been involved in every varsity volleyball team since my freshman year, and I have to say that I’ve never been so confident in the abilities of another group of girls.”

“Although we lost a few key people from last year, I think we have a lot of strong players ready to step up,” senior setter, Sydney Christiansen said. “I think we will have just as good a season as last year, if not, even better.”

For the last month or so all of the amazing lady pirates’ have been hard at work during pre-season. They have been working on all of the needed skills to be great volleyball players. “Getting to know the new players on the team and bonding and becoming friends with them, as well as being with old friends again.” Alyssa Kronberg, varsity libero, exclaims is the best part of pre-season.

Girls volleyball is one of the best sports programs to be apart of at Palatine High School, and even if you don’t like to play volleyball, it is still so much fun to watch.

Don’t pass up this opportunity to see all 5 of our fantastic teams – freshman A, freshman B, sophomore, junior varsity, and varsity play at home this Wednesday against Naperville North.

Go Pirates!