Addams Family to haunt PHS

Cast plays ghosts in the Addams Family.

Meghan Woell, Contributor

This year Palatine High School presents the musical The Addams Family. The show will open on Wednesday, Jan 18 and run through Saturday, Jan 21, with the show starting at 7 p.m. each night.

When asked about the show, senior Juliana Hake said that “the Addams Family is so much different than any other show I’ve done at Palatine.” Hake plays Alice Beinecke, mother in the seemingly normal, traditional family.

The Addams Family is about two kids from completely different families falling in love. Wednesday Addams, played by Isabel Kaegi (’20), is the eldest child of the iconic Addams family. Lucas Beinecke, played by Diego Garcia (’17), is the only child from the Beinecke family.

Although the story revolves around a love story, the musical is quite the comedy. The cast has been putting in work since early November, with the pit orchestra joining them in late November/early December. Rehearsals are long and hard, but the outcome is incredible.

Every rehearsal ends with notes from the directors on things to correct, things to change, and things that went well. The next day, mistakes are corrected and the show is run all the through. Being a newer show on Broadway, premiering in 2010, the show wanders away from the normal type of shows Palatine usually puts on.

“I’ve been so lucky to have worked with such a hardworking cast and crew to put this hilarious story together.” Hake stated, “All of us had to go out of our comfort zones to pull it off, but it was definitely worth it!”

Watching the show come together has been very fun, and the excitement revolving around the final product is high. Tickets can be purchased now at the Cashier’s Office, $7 for students and $10 for adults.