Go see Almost Maine this weekend!

Lily Morris, Reporter

The opening night of the 2017 Palatine High School fall play, Almost, Maine is Oct. 5, and the cast and crew are making last minute critiques to perfect their performance.

The show will take place Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evening in Palatine High School’s very own Altergott Auditorium. Tickets will be sold at $7 for students, and $10 for adults.

“This year’s fall play is called Almost, Maine. The play follows eight love stories that all take place at the same moment in time in the town of Almost,” cast member Gabriel Minchev explains.

“The show is all about love. It’s about finding love, losing love, and learning about love,” Brontë Phipps adds. “There’s so much that this show has to offer, and this cast has been working so hard. I know that our opening night will reflect that.”

PHS junior Aaron Kleinschmidt also shares his experience of being in the cast.

“I am playing a character that is very unlike who I am in real life, so it has been a challenge, but I have been able to grow immensely,” Kleinschmidt remarked, “I am so grateful for all the support I have received along the way and all the effort put in by the cast, crew, and directors.”

Caitlin Preuss highly anticipates performing in the show as well.

“The entire cast is so excited for the productions, and I think the show will really speak to all audiences,” Preuss claims. “Everyone can relate to stories of love, and Almost, Maine touches on every kind of love that can occur between two normal people.”

Hopefully the cast and crew of Almost, Maine will break their legs (not literally, of course!) for their performances, and the show will be spectacular, as all PHS productions are. Get your tickets soon, before they sell out!