Palatine opens an AP Resource Center

Jane Spencer

Outside of the AP Resource Center

Jane Spencer, News Editor

A new AP Resource Center has just opened at Palatine. The center is a place where AP students can come to study and for help with AP classes. The center is located on the second floor near the social studies department.

During all lunch periods there are AP teachers available to help students with any class material or to answer any questions a student may have. The room even has a tv where students can airplay notes or kahoots.

“We have resource books, flashcards, and rubrics for the various AP classes available as well,” Brittany Berleman, teacher and First Time AP Committee member, said.

The Center came to be after AP teachers noticed an increasing amount of AP students who did not know where to get support or extra help for their classes. 

We encourage our students to push themselves academically but we weren’t supplying them with a space or resources to achieve those goals,” Berleman said. “The AP resource room is a space where they can get any support they may need!”

The fast pace of AP classes can make it difficult for students to keep up, the resource center gives these students a place to go if they do not understand their class material. 

“The center is important because it gives AP students an outlet to use throughout the day and it provides comfort to those who may be struggling,” Berleman said.