PHS Poms host Dance Invitational

Oswego High School performs their Lyrical dance.

Monika Jurevicius, Sports Editor

On Jan. 11, Palatine High School Poms Team hosted multiple high schools at the Palatine Dance Invitational. Both JV and Varsity teams performed. As well, there were special appearances from the Winston Campus Junior High Poms team, PHS Cheer, and PHS Color Guard. It was an eventful day for everyone.

The teams dressed up in their costumes and presented what they had been practicing during the season. Parents and Varsity teams cheered for their JV dancers from high up in the stands. Afterwards, the stands and other dancers were eccentric to watch Varsity teams. Many of the Varsity teams performed in the dance categories throughout the day.

The categories of dance during the day were: Lyrical, Jazz and Hip Hop. Dancers had to bring out many costumes, as well, energy to perform on the dance floor. Smiles were on their faces and the faces of everyone in the stands.

During breaks, there were many performances from PHS’s own groups. However, first came the Winston Campus Junior High School Poms team. They performed with confidence throughout their whole dance. Afterwards, PHS Cheer came out to execute a flawless routine. They chanted the memorable PHS cheers and then carried out the rest of the acrobatic portion. Lastly, PHS Color Guard came out to show their impressive skill.

At the end of the day, routines from JV Poms, PEP Squad and Guy Poms were showcased while the judges finalized scores. Awards were given, which ended the day.
Great work to PHS Poms and all groups who performed. Poms competes next at Barrington High School on Jan. 15.