Follow PHS Cutlass

Subscribe for the latest stories!

* indicates required
Translate this article into the following languages
Meet our Staff!

Cameron Arnold is a senior at palatine high school. She signed up for the PHS journalism program because she wanted to know more about journalism. Cameron is very passionate about art, beauty, and fashion....

Q&A with varsity tennis Coach Lange

Maksymilian Antalovtsi

Cutlass: How long have you coaching for and what has been the best part about being a coach? 

Lange: I’ve been the head coach here for 15 years. I also coached one year before that, so 16 in total. 

It’s certainly the relationships with the players and seeing them grow from when they were freshmen all the way to when they’re seniors. That’s the best part about coaching is seeing the progress they make.

Cutlass: What is something you look forward to this season?

Lange: We have a lot of new players that will be impacting the varsity and the JV lineup. It’s sort of what we are really made of. It’s an opportunity for us to get better as a program. So I’m excited to see new faces and new players get their chance to shine.

Cutlass: Are you expecting any challenges? If so, what type of challenges?

Lange: We play currently in the best conference in the state of Illinois. Hersey is currently the favorite to win the state championship. 

Fremd returns nearly all of their team from last year [including the reigning singles state champion] alongside perennial power house Barrington and the upstart Conant team. 

The MSL boys tennis conference is at its zenith. Palatine players will need to scrap hard for our wins.